Alisma Extract botanical origin Alisma orientale, a member of the plant family alismataceae, is a herb commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). The medicinal part of alisma orientale is the dried root of Alisma plantago-aquatica. Alisma is a diuretic and is used to rid the body of excess water, it has been used for centuries in China. Alisma is used primarily to treat conditions of damp heat associated with the kidney, bladder, and urinary tract. It has mild and safe tonic qualities that especially affect the kidney and bladder. It is used to treat kidney stones, pelvic infections, nephritis, and other urinary tract infections, as well as yellowish discharges from the vagina. Alisma is also believed to have an antibacterial action that helps control infection.
In China, alisma is also used to help rid the body of phlegm, to reduce feelings of abdominal bloating, and to treat diabetes. Outside of China, alisma leaves are sometimes used medicinally. They can be applied externally to bruises and swellings, or taken internally to treat kidney and urinary tract inflammations. The roots are also used for kidney and urinary tract disorders, as well as to lower blood pressure and to treat severe diarrhea.
|Latin Name||Alisma orientalis (Sam.)|
|Appearance||Brown Fine Powder|
|Part of Used||Root|
|Packaging||Foli Bag/ Paper Drum/Plastic Bag|
|Size||100% pass 80 mesh|
|Delivery||1-3 Working Days|
|Place of Origin||Shaanxi, China (Mainland)|
|Shelf Time||2 year|
|Storage||Keep Dry and Keep away from Sunlight|
Alisma Extract Functions
2. Prevents fatty liver;
3. Induces interferon;
4. Anti-tumor and anti-allergic;
5. Hypoglycemic and hypotensive;
6. Lowers blood lipids: total cholesterol, inhibits hardening of the main artery;
7. Anti-pyretic (lowering fever) and anti-bacterial (inhibits Mycobacterium tuberculosis);
8. Galactagogue (promote milk secretion).
Alisma Extract Applications
1. Applied in Medicine and health products.
2. Applied in the pharmaceutical field.
3. Medicine and health products, beverages and food additives.
4. Applied in cosmetic field, it is also referred to as wash hair products, with the function of germinal hair play.