Beetroot red E162 dye natural food pigment additive Betanin
The beetroot is the taproot portion of the beet plant,usually known in North America as the beet, also table beet, garden beet, or red or golden beet. It is several of the cultivated varieties of Beta vulgaris grown for their edible taproots and their leaves (called beet greens).
Beetroot red E162 natural extract is also a rich source of phytochemical compounds and abundant in the highly bio-active pigments called betalains, shown to poses high antioxidant properties. Members of the betalain family are responsible for the vibrant color of beetroots.
Beetroot red E162 pigment Feature
1. Easily soluble in water, its aqueous solution’s color from red to red purple, and the tonal is easily affected by PH value change.
2. Low heat resistance, stable under acidic condition.
|Product Name||Beetroot Red E162||Classification||Food Colorants|
|Botanical Source||Beta vulgaris L.||Extract part||beet root|
|Active Ingredient||Betanin||Specification||Beetroot red E1.8|
|Molecular Formula||C24H26N2O13||Cas No.||7659-95-2|
|EINECS||231-628-5||Usage||food & beverage dyeing|
|Appearance||Fine Red powder||Form||powder/liquid|
Benefits of Beetroot Red E162
1. Heart health and blood pressure:blood pressure was significantly lowered after ingestion.
2. Dementia: Drinking juice from beetroot can improve oxygenation to the brain, slowing the progression of dementia in older adults.
3. Diabetes: Dehydrated beet root powder contain an antioxidant known as alpha-lipoic acid, which may help lower glucose levels, increase insulin sensitivity and prevent oxidative stress-induced changes in patients with diabetes.
4. Digestion and regularity: Because of its high fiber content, beetroot helps to prevent constipationand promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
Beetroot Red E162 application
Application Range: Please refer to GB2760.
Application Method: Shake and weigh the required amount accurately, dilute it with 10~20 times water then add it to the target product and stir well.
Reference Dosage: Adjusted according to actual requirement.