Magnolia extract is rich in two biphenol compounds (magnolol and honokiol), which are thought to contribute to the primary anti-stress and cortisol-lowering effects of the plant. The magnolol content of magnolia bark is generally in the range of 2-10 percent, while honokiol tends to occur naturally at 1-5 percent in dried magnolia bark. Magnolia bark also contains a bit less than 1 percent of an essential oil known as eudesmol, which is classified as a triterpene compound, and may provide some additional benefits as an antioxidant.
[Magnolia Extract Specification]:
Honokiol: 2%-98% HPLC
Magnolol: 10%-98% HPLC
Total magnolos: 2%-98% HPLC
Main Function of Magnolia Extract
1. Powerful antioxidant in cardiovascular diseases;
2. Inhibit bacteria growth and viral infection;
3. Alleviate anxiety, improves sleep and relieves insomnia;
4. Anti-tumor and anti-cancer;
5. Anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer;
6. Protect the brain from Alzheimer’s disease;
7. Anti-dental caries and anti-periodontal disease;
8. Cure the habit of tobacco;
9. Magnolia Bark Extract can protect the brain from Alzheimer’sdisease.
Main Application of Magnolia Extract
(1). As the medicine of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-tumor drug, it is widely used in the fields of medicine and health products;
(2). As a strong antioxidant, it is widely used in cosmetics industry.