Monascus Red Pigment, extracted from Red Yeast Rice, is produced by microorganisms of the genus Monascus. It is a water soluble red food color extracted from red kojic rice by alcohol. Monascus red pigment alcohol and water soluble, dissolved in water and acetic acid and displaying a vivid red color.
With rice and soybeans as raw material, the produced Monascus red pigment is a high class natural food pigment in use of liquid submerged fermentation and unique refining technology.
This product has high color value, good water-solubility, high purity, good optical stability, wide range PH application, pure tone, and convenient usage, etc.
|Product Name||monascus red pigment||Classification||Food Colorants|
|Molecular Formula||C4H8N6.x(HCl)||Cas No.||39944-62-2|
|EINECS||Usage||food & beverage dyeing|
Monascus Red Pigment Function:
1. Decrease LDL cholesterol and rise HDL cholesterol without side effects, and inhibit cholesterol synthesis in the liver by inhibiting the action of HMG-CoA reductase which is known to raise cholesterol levels to keep cholesterol levels in check.
2. Support healthy blood pressure levels, balance blood sugar, lower serum lipid levels, improve blood
circulation, promote cardiovascular health;
3. Promote healthy spleen and stomach function;
4. Benefit for bone health and function;
5. Improve digestion, promote normal cell growth, and slow down the aging process.
Monascus Red PigmentApplication:
(1). As raw materials of drugs for lowering blood pressure , it is mainly used in pharmaceutical field;
(2). As active ingredient of products for improving blood circulation and benefiting stomach, it is mainly used in health product industry;
(3). As food supplements and natural pigment, it is widely used in food industry.