Apricot kernel extract amygdalin/vitamin b17, is a glycoside initially isolated from the seeds of tree prunus dulcis, also known as bitter almonds, by Pierre-Jean Robiquet and A. F. Boutron-Charlard in 18302. Several other related species in the genus of Prunus, including apricot (Prunus armeniaca) and black cherry (Prunus serotina), also contain amygdalin.
Amygdalin, also known as laevomandelonitrile or laetrile, is isolated from the seeds of the tree Prunus dulcis, also known as bitter almonds. Since the early 1950s, a modified form of amygdalin has been promoted under the names laetrile and “Vitamin B17” as a cancer cure. In reality, neither amygdalin nor any derivative such as laetrile is in any sense a vitamin.
Laetrile is the purified form of the compound amygdalin, which is found naturally in fruits and vegetables, particularly in the apricot pits and bitter almonds. Amygdalin was first isolated in 1830 and was used as an anticancer agent in Russia as early as It is believed that laetrile relieves the pain of cancer. One theory is that cancer cells contain large quantities of the enzyme beta-glucosidase. This enzyme breaks the amygdalin down and releases cyanide, a toxic chemical that then kills cancer cells.
Apricot Kernel Extract Amygdalin Function
1. Apricot kernel extract amygdalin is used for vitamin theory.
2. Apricot kernel extract amygdalin can be used for cancer treatment.
3. Apricot kernel extract amygdalin can diminish inflammation, ease the pain.
4. Apricot kernel extract amygdalin has effect on lowering blood sugar, hypolipidemic.
5. Amygdalin has the function of relieving constipation due to deficiency of blood and fluid.
6. Amygdalin can relieve a cough and asthma accompanied by stuffiness in the chest and profuse expectoration.
7. Amygdalin can eliminate pigmentation, freckles, dark spots, so as to achieve the effect of beauty.
1. It significantly reduced the plaque index and bacterial count.
2. It reduced oxidative stress and lowers blood sugar level in body.
3. It interferes the life cycle of lice, inhibiting their ability to feed and preventing eggs from hatching.
4. It enhances lipid peroxidation in the liver and blood of tumor-bearing models and accompanied by significant decreases in the activities of GSH-dependent antioxidant.
5. It immobilizes and kills 100% human spermatozoa at high concentration.