St. John’s wort extract source (Hypericum perforatum) is native to Europe and its use as a medicinal plant dates back to the ancient Greeks. It is a common remedy for depression and conditions that sometimes go along with depression such as anxiety, tiredness, loss of appetite and trouble sleeping. There is strong scientific evidence that it is effective for mild to moderate depression. Other uses include heart palpitations, moodiness and other symptoms of menopause, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and seasonal affective disorder (SAD). It has been tried for exhaustion, stop-smoking help, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), migraine and other types of headaches, muscle pain, nerve pain and irritable bowel syndrome. It is also used for cancer, HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C. Applied directly on the skin it can treat bruises and scrapes, inflammation, muscle pain, first degree burns, wounds, bug bites, hemorrhoids and nerve pain, however it can also cause sensitivity to sunlight.
Specifiaction of St. John’s Wort Extract:
0.3% Hypericins UV,
0.3% Hypericin HPLC,
3%, 98% Hyperforin HPLC
St. John’s Wort Extract Function
1. Hypericum perforatum extract prevent against depression;
2. Hypericum perforatum extract can treat pre-menstrual syndrome;
3. St john’s wort pe is used to prevent against bacterial infections;
4. Hypericum perforatum extract has been used for centuries to calm the nerves and treat depression;
5. Hypericum perforatum extract is used to dress wounds, heal deep cuts, smooth bums and ease the pain of neuralgias.
St. John’s Wort Extract Application
1. It has Effectiveness in the treatment of certain somatoform disorders.
Hyperforin has also been found to have antibacterial properties against gram-negative bacteria.
2. Possible option against Parkinson’s disease, which suggests that St.John’s.wort has antioxidant active ingredients that could help reduce the neuronal degeneration caused by the disease.
3. Recent evidence suggests that daily treatment with St.John’s.wort may improve the most common physical and behavioural symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome. Externally, St.John’s.wort oil is used for the treatment of wounds, abrasions, and first degree burns.
4. The St.John’s.Wort Extract Powder used in dietary supplements is derived from the aerial parts in blossom of the plant St.John’s.Wort (Hypericum perforatum L.).