Black carrot pigment it’s source for natural food coloring that originate from Turkey and other regions of the Middle East and Asia.
The nutrients in Black Carrot Pigment that give them their colour are anthocyanins which have several health benefits, such as the potential for treating neurological dysfunctions like Alzheimer’s disease. They can also be beneficial when treating cancer.
The peach to strawberry red colour that Black Carrot Pigment produces can provide a natural alternative to synthetic food colorings such as FD&C Red 40.
It is red powder ,obtained from purple carrot , which is easy soluble in water , alcohol and other polar solvents. It has the same characteristics as other anthocyanins , has natural health-care effect and stable heat stability and light stability in acidic condition
Extract from Daucus carota. by extracting, concentrating and subsequent pasteurization.
|Product Name||Black Carrot Color|
|Latin Name||Dioscorea esculenta (Lour.) Burkill|
|≥99% Test Method: UV/HPLC|
|Color Value (E1%) NLT 30 Test Method: UV-VIS|
|Appearance||Dark purplish red powder|
|Physicochemical Property||Easily soluble in water, methanol, ethanol, insoluble in non-polar solutions, and stable under the condition of acidic.|
E (1%, 1cm, 524nm) ≥60
|Assay||(E1%) NLT 30|
|Type of Extraction||(70:30 E:W)water/ Alcohol extraction|
|Certified||Kosher, Halal, Haccp, ISO|
Black Carrot Pigment Function
1) Black Carrot pigment can be used in antioxidants (preventing skin from dry , rough);
2) Black Carrot pigment can be used in promoting the growth and preventing congenital deficiency;
3) Black Carrot can be used in promoting the healthy growth of bones and teeth;
4) Black Carrot can be used in maintaining reproductive function;
5) Black Carrot can be used in preventing and restraining lung cancer;
6) Black Carrot Pigment can be used in coloring agents, Nutrition Enhancer
Used in beverages, ice-cream, cakes, confectionaries, jam, jelly, conserves, integrated alcoholic beverages, etc.
Store in tightly closed containers out of direct heat and light in a cool and dry place
It is available within 24 months under normal unopened condition